Generation Teach offers summer teaching fellowships to diverse undergraduate and high-school students.
WHY WE EXIST
We believe teachers should reflect the communities they serve and that many more young people would become teachers if they had the opportunity to try teaching. Our fellows are the teachers in their classrooms. They complete 40 - 60 hours of solo teaching experience with daily coaching and support.
Our summer teaching fellows are:
- 75% people of color
- 60% Black and/or Latinx
- 75% local - they grew up or attend college in our communities
- Nearly 50% First Gen
WHAT WE DO
1. Recruit diverse undergraduate and high-school students for summer teaching fellowships.
2. Provide 2 weeks of training and 4 - 5 weeks of teaching with daily coaching in our GT STEAM Academy.
3. Develop professional teachers as coaches and leaders.
4. Admire our middle-school students who achieve an average of 3 months of reading growth and 6 months of math growth in our rigorous GT STEAM Academy.
5. Place interested alumni in teaching positions in partner schools.
WHO WE ARE
We have 40 years of combined experience leading summer teaching fellowships. We are committed to partnering with local communities to build diverse pipelines of exemplary educators who reflect the students and communities they serve.
Every summer, we learn with and from our fellows, professional teachers, and students. Learn and grow with us this summer!