Teach This Summer
Join the 2018 Generation Teach Summer Teaching Fellowship
WHO YOU ARE
1. You are an undergraduate or high-school student who shares our values and our commitment to ending educational inequity.
2. You value contributing to a diverse community of learners who challenge and support one another.
3. You want to invest your summer in the success of others. As a GT Summer Teaching Fellow, you will focus on your students - their experiences and their success.
4. You are eager to receive feedback and coaching to become the teacher your students deserve.
WHY YOU ARE HERE
You want to try teaching. About 25% of GT fellows are majoring or minoring in education; the rest of you are figuring out if teaching is for you.
You believe all kids deserve teachers who share their experiences, backgrounds, and communities. You want to have a highly structured, strongly mentored opportunity to decide whether to join our most important profession.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
1. Complete 2 weeks of intensive training in identity, relationships, instructional practices, and content-area pedagogy while building a loving community of colleagues.
2. Teach middle-school math, engineering, reading, speech & debate, social studies, or fun fitness 3x/day for 4 - 5 weeks during our GT STEAM Academy.
3. Design and teach an elective 3x/week.
4. Receive daily feedback and support from your Teacher Coach.
5. Co-lead special events and community meetings.
6. Receive a taxable scholarship to offset living costs.
WHERE AND WHEN YOU WILL TEACH
June 4 - July 20
June 18 - July 27
June 25 - August 10
June 25 - August 10
AFTER YOUR GT SUMMER
Local district and charter schools host our programs. You teach in the schools your students attend, in the neighborhoods where they live, in cities where you grew up or attend school, and in the communities you may choose to serve professionally. After the summer, if you are a college senior, we will provide individual career counseling and support through your job application process. We provide all alumni with letters of recommendation, monthly alumni newsletters, Facebook communities, and ongoing support, as requested.